Understanding the Passage
- When you initially read through the passage, what did you think it was about?
- After hearing the sermon, what did you find God wanting you to focus on?
- What did this healed man recognize about Jesus?
- Who in Jesus’ ministry had a hard time recognizing Him? Why do you think that was?
- Why is it hard sometimes to recognize God’s leading/conviction/working in our life?
- What do you think Jesus was trying to tell the Pharisees and teach His disciples here?
- How does 2 Kings 6:17, Proverbs 20:12, Luke 24:31, and 2 Corinthians 3:16 tell us about seeing God?
- How does the concept of Ebenezer from 1 Samuel 7:12 connect to our passage in Luke 17?
- When do you find yourself more aware of God’s presence in your own life?
- When is it hard to remember that God is with you?
- What Ebenezer/practices could you set up in your own life to remind you of God’s faithfulness toward you?
- Who in my life do I dismiss/judge because they are different or view things differently than I do?
- What might God be wanting to show you about Himself through someone who is different from you?