One of the ways we thrive in Christ is by using our God-giving time, talents, and treasure to help advance God's Kingdom. As we partner with what God is doing, we empower others and we grow ourselves!
Take a step further with God and into the adventure He has for you by plugging in to one of these ways to serve in our local church context! Just click on any of these options to learn more or get involved.
- Greeters Team – Welcome people into church and help direct guests on Sundays.
- Welcome Table – Welcome guests, answer questions, and guide people to ministries.
- Refreshments Team – Practice hospitality through preparing Sunday coffee & snacks.
- Security/EMS Team – Patrol campus and ensure safety during our worship services.
- Parking Team – Welcome & direct incoming guests and/or drive our church shuttles.
- Grounds – Design, update, landscape our property to be clean and inviting.
- Usher Team – Welcome, guide, and assist people in our worship services.
- Neighboring – Network, resource, and bless our city & surrounding cities.
- Worship Team – Sing or play an instrument on stage to lead our congregation in song.
- Media Team – Operate sound, lighting, visual media technology for Sunday services.
- Social Media Team – Curate and share breaking church news and resources online.
- IT – Maintain church podcast, website, work stations, and networks.
- Photography/Videography – Capture & share meaningful moments in our community.
- Design – Draw, paint, sculpt, or create set designs, decorations, graphics, visual pieces.
- Reception – Welcome and assist parents with secure check-in and directions.
- Small Group leaders – Facilitate discussions following a large group lesson.
- Classroom Teacher – Prepare and deliver curriculum lessons to children’s classes.
- Classroom Assistant – Help with supplies, class management, & program transitions.
- Program Director – Oversee small group and large group education, curriculum, and parent communication.
- “Heroes” – Assist special needs children one-on-one throughout children’s programs.
- “Environments” Team – Build, gather, set up or pack up learning spaces.
- Craft Team – Develop and prepare crafts for various children’s programming.
- Game coordinator – Engage children in active, healthy, fun, educational activities.
- Registration administrator – Welcome new children, follow-up, and other business.
- Small Group Mentor – Facilitate discussions and mentor students.
- Student Volunteer Coordinator – Plan church-wide / city-wide student service projects.
- Chaperone – Shuttle students to and from youth ministry events.
- Meal Coordinator – Plan and implement meals and snacks for youth events.
- Audio/Visual Technician – Operate sound and visual media at youth events.
- Class Teacher – Lead seminars or discussions in our Sunday classes or special courses.
- Support Group Ministries – Empower others to heal by helping with our support groups like Celebrate Recovery, GriefShare, Cancer Companions, AA, Al-Anon, etc.
- Life Group Facilitator – Facilitate biblical discussions and prayer in a small group.
- Life Group Host – Host small group bible study gatherings in your home.
- Life Group Coach – Shepherding Life Group leaders to empower their ministry.
- Mentor – Train, encourage, challenge, and empower younger believers.
- Prayer Team – Gather to pray for our church and inspire prayerful habits in others.
- Elder Board – Shepherd Cypress Church as elected overseers in 3-year terms.
- Trustee Board – Oversee, maintain, and update church facilities and finances.
- Leadership Coach – Training the future leaders of Cypress Church and beyond.
- Office Volunteer Team – Follow up with guests and administrative help mid-week.
- Lincoln Family Ministry – Bring meals, a listening ear, and care to local homeless folks.
- Host – Welcome and assist ministries/groups on campus while church office is closed.
- Visitation Team – Visit, encourage, pray for those hurting or healing at home.
- Women’s Ministry Team – Promote, network, teach, or encourage at special events.
- Men’s Ministry Team – Promote, network, teach, or encourage at special events.
- Global Outreach Team – Plan, promote, coordinate global mission trips and partners.
- Create your own way to serve here!